Run your business with QuickBooks. Anytime. Anywhere! Intuit QuickBooks is a simple online software for business owners to make informed decisions. Follow us for small business advice & tips!
QBO uses OAuth, a developer-friendly delegated access protocol. Quolum has already connected the necessary wires with Asana. Using a sequence of click-throughs, your organization's administrator allows Quolum to make API calls to Asana without getting access to passwords.
- Once logged into the portal go to Settings > Profile > FinOps
- Click the Connect button from the Connections widget. Once the Connect button is clicked, the OAuth page will open as in the second image.
- Note: It is recommended that only an admin/person with full access to SaaS bills and transactions in QBO can connect QBO with Quolum. If you are not an admin/person with full access to SaaS bills and transactions in QBO, you can invite him/her to make a connection.
- After clicking on "Connect", a Quolum Connection screen is shown as per the image below. We only read Accounting information.
- After this another consent screen can be shown depending on your QBO plan or account.
- Next, one needs to link the account for Transactions, Invoices, and Receipts. Ideally one needs to connect their SaaS Expenses account from Quickbooks. We recommend an admin or a person with complete access to connect the account. The data pulled into Quolum depends on the access level of the person
- We require you to connect your Expenses account from which we can pull in your SaaS expenses. A good practice is to connect the account where you have only SaaS expenses. In case, you do not have a separate SaaS Expense Account in Quickbooks, we recommend you create a new account with SaaS expenses and connect that account.
- Note: It is recommended to promptly connect the Transactions, Invoices, and Receipts accounts within 5-10 minutes after a successful connection.
Using the OAuth protocol, Quolum now has access to your QBO direct costs, bill payments, journal entries, invoices, and receipts. The Quolum server, running on Amazon AWS VPC, will be able to make API calls and retrieve QBO direct costs, bill payments, journal entries, invoices, and receipts. Later, this data is available for visualization on the Quolum dashboard.
Updated 2 months ago